Thursday, May 10, 2012

Family Visit

I've been so busy lately that I realized I didn't write about the family visiting from all over. Mom, Dad and Kenny drove over from Oklahoma and Karen came up from Georgia for a few days to spend with us at the beginning of April.

We went out to eat every night, it was great! Mom and Dad don't get to enjoy a lot of restaurants because, let's face it, South East Oklahoma isn't known as the cultural center of fine dining. So we went to Marlin & Rays (Ruby Tuesdays seafood) restaurant and had a few drinks while we were there. I recommend the bacon-wrapped scallops and grilled shrimp on a stick. Mmm, mmm good.

Mom couldn't get enough of Emma, and she warmed up to her pretty quick. She also warmed up to Kenny but I think that was because he looks like me and she thought he was me. (Its so easy to fool babies!)

 

Jack thought Kenny was hilarious! I asked him if he thought I was funnier or if Uncle ken was and he said Kenny was funnier. I need to work on my material. Kenny just had fresher material.


We played "pass the Baby" at dinner the last night. Mom got her, then Karen, then Kate, Kenny and me as well.


Mom reading to Jack (Captain Underpants is his favorite)



Kenny and me goofing off. I made up some shirts that say "v1.0, v2.0 and v3.0 for Dad, me and jack to wear since we are all "John Goodyears". Kenny got a "v2.1".

Dad got the new iPad and brought it along for the trip. He was busy trying to figure it out and use it. Jack gave him a fw pointers since he is an expert and knows the iPad pretty good because of mine. I think Dad go me that iPad for me as a test to see if he might like it.

It was a great trip and we all had a good time. It is always great to see the 'rents and the siblings.


No comments: